This is will be my first Ramadan in Lebanon in 8 years. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I decided to create a wish list for the month.
- May Arab countries’ hearts soften and allow Palestinians and Watheeqa holders to enter their ‘sacred’ land.
- May Arab countries unite over serious issues, not just BlackBerry banning.
- May Gaza get peace and electricity.
- May Beirut get electricity all day.
- May the humidity decides it’s time to vacation outside Lebanon.
- May the fireworks in Lebanon wait till Eid.
- May traffic have mercy on us.
- May stores not hike Vimto and grocery prices.
- May women show less skin (only during Ramadan).
- May ‘True Blood’ episodes show less soft-core porn (again, only during Ramadan).
- May people not tag me with Ramadan pictures on Facebook.
- May Twitter be extra entertaining.
- May people have more patience.
- May people thank more and whine less.
- May my family, friends and tweeps be always happy and healthy.