I don’t know about you, but I believe journalists who slam and mock their competition, publicly on Twitter, are unprofessional and uncool.
I have no idea if it’s acceptable within the journalism code of ethics and I don’t care. It’s still wrong.
- Spending your day scanning competition articles and tweeting their flaws - for popularity and a few giggles - says nothing but a big LOSER. You are intentionally trying to tarnish their reputation. Do you honestly think this will gain you more readers? Pathetic.
- May I suggest another aphrodisiac? How about investigating and writing newsworthy articles?
- Enough with the superiority complex. Your publication is not without its flaws. People who live in glass houses ….
- You should stick to bashing PR folks. You are doing exceptionally well at that. And don’t worry about their feelings. They don’t give a crap. They get paid a lot. The more you bitch, the stupider you look.
- Leave crappy journalism trashing to PR folks. Let them return the favor by tweeting your failings.
Remember, you are accountable for everything you tweet. Don’t let it come back and bite you in the ass. Seriously, stop acting like a child.