Jun 21, 2010

Preserving the Arabic language

|
The Arabic Language Festival is set to take place on June 26 in Beirut. In line with the event, the Lebanese blogging squad came up with a fitting concept: Blog ONLY in Arabic on June 26.

Since my blog’s name is called Arabianism, it is only appropriate to partake in this initiative. That’s why, on June 26, I will post my first blog in Arabic. I don’t have a topic in mind yet but I am sure by then, inspiration will prevail.

It has always been easier for me to write in English, despite the fact that my Arabic writing is relatively decent. This initiative is a powerful reminder that we should do our part to preserve our language and add more Arabic content on the web.

P.S. I do get the irony that this post is typed in English!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Arabianism © 2010 | Back to top